The Trading Floor - March 2018

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Feb 28, 2018.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

2. plutus2

plutus2 Well-Known Member

open liao

3. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Oh ya hor !!!
    I go open now.
    You wait.

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Wilmar...

3.22 : 3.23 wor..........
    Commodities Super Rally AKAN DATANG ??? aa1aa2.gif

5. plutus2

NB.. Dia Lou never open new April thread leh?

6. plutus2

aiya wrong MONTH

7. plutus2

Good morning.. New Month New Huat

8. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

This is the spoiler...

upload_2018-4-2_9-3-4.png

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]

You can see that she reached an intraday high of 24,314.30 in the last hour. Then profit taking set in and she pulled back.
    This was followed by another attempt to rise but it did not go higher than 24,314.30. That second attempt to rise was stopped
    short by more selling. All this happened in the last hour of trading from 3pm to 4pm. If not for this selling, when at its intraday
    high, the Dow was up by +465.88 pts. After that, Dow gave back -211.19 pts to finish up by +254.69 at 24,103.11. Dow gave
    back almost half of last nite' s gains. Today, we will likely see more upside as a knee-jerk reaction to Dow' s positive close
    but traders will be watching Dow Futures to see if they should chase prices higher or stand near the door.

10. sotong11

sotong11 Well-Known Member

morning snipers

11. koaladreaming

koaladreaming Well-Known Member

Good the Happy Long Weekend Bros and Sisters :)

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Thanks bro.
    Do drop by at SJ thread. Alot of stuffs to read there as well.
    On average, around 95 to 110 postings per day.
    That's how happening it is over there.
    Plus that thread... we have Pasar Malam.
    At night and weekends also active.

ahwee likes this.
  13. ahwee

ahwee Well-Known Member

Paiseh Bro NB.. been busy with appt & meeting hence could not be active in the forum. Nevertheless I believe everyone here appreciate your countless input and recommendations. Otherwise we wouldn't have all the lizards too..

14. plutus2

lucky is feel your chest and not digging something :D:D

15. koaladreaming

aiyoh Bro NB, me appreciate the good work you are doing here but unfortunately can only peep peep at nite. paiseh....

16. koaladreaming

good the afternoon snipers

17. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Thanks bro.
    Thanks for "feeling" me. aa1(3).gif
    Now wonder I felt macam like got something grabbing my boobs lidat. aa1a (8).gif

18. plutus2

Bro NB, do not be disheartened. I am still faithfully login to this forum every day, except days when i go fishing, massage, travelling for work and pleasure.
    I never knew you are doing roadshow to recruit members... please add some Chio Bu to your team, like that sure got good traction.

OK la, u know i like to joke around, my TA and FA are no good so cannot really contribute constructively to the forum... can only poke fun and tell stories, plus once a while post some sexy pictures.

I feel you bro.. :)

19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Like I said, I am there full time and here part time.
    My observations about my thread there...

There is a core group of regulars who are posting everyday.
    But for how long ... is the question yet to be answered,
    Not like here... we have a core group of people who can visit a stock forum for more than 5 years and still at it.
    Not a lot of people can do that. Just look at the regulars who used to post here for 1 year... 2 years... what happened to them after that?
    Priorities changed. Interest changed. And they stopped coming. Even though for 1 to 2 years, they used to come here everyday.
    But people's interest and priorities do change over time.

I did two road shows a few years back. One at the now defunct Channel NewsAsia forum and also at ShareJunction forum.
    Brought along estimated 30 to 40 new recruits from both forums. Some are lizards...never posted but they were here and reading
    becoz the previous forum software had a gauge to tell me how many visitors we had viewing this thread.
    Many of the new recruits posted. A core group of them posted regularly. Amongst this core group are bro oppa, sis lexanne, bro plutus,
    bro krobuse sis luna, sis claiix, sis goldi, sis summer, sis newbee, bro Deepblue, sis pegasus and sis springflower. Slowly but surely,
    many of them stopped posting. One after another. Today, you, bro nash and bro boyboy are our latest new members. You are still
    around. Bro boyboy dunno where leow.

So you see, now that I have built up a following at ShareJunction, if I invite them to come here, I think can likewise get 40 to 50 or more
    to come over...looksee and sign up. Its free anyway. But what will happen after 2 weeks? One month? 6 months? Then all quiet again.
    Then what? I will have to go back to SJ to start posting all over again to build up a following. Never end leh, lidat. Very tiring for me lare.
    Becoz to build up a following, you need to post very frequently and post good stuffs to establish your credibility. I have been posting at
    SJ since Oct 2017, I think. So it takes 6 months of posting to get people's attention. 6 months ago on first arrival at SJ, if I ask people to
    come here, they will no hew me man who am I ? But today, if I ask, some will come. But how many will stay and become people like
    Dai Lole Amator, bro angang, bro plutus who can for many years stay faithful to a forum? Not many can do this. So instead of me asking
    them to come here and I will have to keep doing this, might as well I take up residence there and just focus on posting and leave the
    marketing of new recruits to SJ. Marketing is a damn big job. So if I dont have to do it, it is one big load off my mind.

Over at SJ, I did notice that over the course of just two weeks, different people are talking to me. Those people who were talking to me
    say two weeks ago, I dont see them today. But new people are talking to me. So as far as I am concerned, there are always new people
    talking to me. So I think what is happening is this - last week, Ah Lian and Ah Beng talked to me. 2 weeks later, Ah Lian and Ah Beng
    stopped posting (whether they are still reading or not I dunno but they stopped posting). But got new recruits... Ah Seng and Ah Hway
    talk to me. And this goes on and on. The influx of new recruits kept me talking. So I dont feel lonely. I dont feel a sense of loss. I dont
    feel why suddenly so quiet. Becoz over there, there is always an endless stream of new recruits coming into the thread to take up
    residence. But they dont stay. But that's okay. Their departure is made good by newcomers. Got OUT but got IN too. So the thread
    is always lively and busy. If I bring them here, they will do the same... drop out and stop posting one by one. But the BIG BIG difference
    here is got OUT no IN. So over time, this place becomes quieter and quieter and I am the one to feel it. Sad. How not to?

So, that's the way it is. That's reality. Most people cannot stay married to a forum for life. And if I dont want to go thru pain and heartache
    again and again to see this forum, one moment lively and next moment Bo Lung and all quiet, the thing to do is to just continue the current
    arrangement of full time there and part time here. But I will still be around here. Having said that, it helps if you all make some noise from
    time to time. Otherwise it is very discouraging for me. But all is not lost. All of you can do at SJ what you all are already doing here - read.
    Here's the link to my thread at SJ. It is very happening there. Go check it out.

http://sharejunction.com/sharejunction/listMessage.htm?topicId=18533&msgbdName=Trading Techniques&topicTitle=The Trading Floor

20. Nashbium

Nashbium Well-Known Member

if u go over and read i think u can see one of the tweaty birds is his own :D:D