The Trading Floor - April 2017

Discussion in 'The Trading Floor' started by Amator, Mar 31, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Woman asks:

If I sleep with 3 men, everyone calls me a slut. But when a man sleeps with 10 girls, everyone calls him a real man. How come?

Man replies:

It's very simple. Confucious say 'When one lock can be opened by 3 different keys, it's a bad lock. But when one key can open 10 different locks, we call it a master key'.

2. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

>The Mexican maid asked for a pay increase. The wife was very upset
    about

>this and decided to talk to her about the raise.

>

>Wife: "Now Maria, why do you want a pay increase?"

>

>Maria: "Well, Señora, there are tree reasons why I wanna increaze.
    The

>first is that I iron better than you."

>

>Wife: "Who said you iron better than me?"

>

>Maria: "Jor huzban he say so."

>

>Wife: "Oh yeah?"

>

>Maria: "The second reason eez that I am a better cook than you."

>

>Wife: "Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?"

>

>Maria: "Jor hozban did.."

>

>Wife increasingly agitated: "Oh he did, did he???"

>

>Maria: "The third reason is that I am better at sex than you in the
    bed."

>

>Wife, really boiling and through gritted teeth. "And did my husband
    say

>that as well?"

>

>Maria: "No Señora........The gardener did."

3. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Two couples were playing cards.

John accidentally dropped some cards on the floor. When he bent down under the table to pick them up, he noticed that Bill’s wife wasn’t wearing any underwear! Shocked by this, John hit his head on the table and emerged red-faced.

Later, John went to the kitchen to get some refreshments. Bill’s wife followed him and asked, “Did you see anything that you liked under there?” John admitted that, well, yes, he did. She said “You can have it, but it will cost you $100.”

After a minute or two, John indicates that he is interested. She tells him that since Bill works Friday afternoons and John doesn’t, John should come to her house around 2:00 pm on Friday.

Friday came and John went to her house at 2:00 pm. After paying her $100 they went to the bedroom, had sex and then John left.

Bill came home about 6:00 pm. He asked his wife, “Did John come by this afternoon?” Reluctantly, she replied, “Yes, he did stop by for a few minutes.”

Next Bill asked, “Did he give you $100?” She thinks ‘Oh hell, he knows!’ Finally she says, “Well, yes… he did give me $100.”

“Good,” Bill says. “John came by the office this morning and borrowed $100 from me. He said that he would stop by our house on his way home and pay me back.”

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

A young man is wandering, lost, in a forest when he
    comes upon a small house. He knocks on the door and is
    greeted by an old Chinese man with a long grey beard.
    I'm lost, said the man, Can you put me up for the
    night?

Certainly, the Chinese man said, but one condition.
    If you so much as lay a finger on my daughter I will
    inflict upon you the three worst Chinese tortures
    known to man.

OK, said the man, thinking that the daughter must be
    pretty old as well, and entered the house.

Over dinner the daughter came down the stairs. She was
    young, beautiful and had a fantastic body. She was
    obviously attracted to the young man as well, as she
    couldn't keep her eyes off of him during the meal.

Remembering the old man's warning he ignored her and
    went up to bed alone. During the night he could bear
    it no longer and snuck into her room for a night of
    passion. Near dawn, he quietly crept back to his room
    so the old man wouldn't hear, exhausted but happy.

He woke to feel a pressure on his chest. Opening his
    eyes he saw a large rock on his chest with a note on
    it that read:

Chinese Torture 1: Large rock on chest.

Well, that's easy, he thought. If that's the best
    the old man can do then I don't have much to worry
    about. He picked the boulder up, walked over to the
    window and threw it out. As he did so, he noticed
    another note on it that read:

Chinese Torture 2: Rock tied to left testicle.

In a panic he glanced down and saw the rope that was
    already getting close to taut. Figuring that a few
    broken bones was better than castration he jumped out
    of the window after the boulder. As he plummeted
    towards the ground he saw a large sign on the ground
    that read:

Chinese Torture 3: Right testicle tied to bed post.

5. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Two couples were playing cards.

John accidentally dropped some cards on the floor. When he bent down under the table to pick them up, he noticed that Bill’s wife wasn’t wearing any underwear! Shocked by this, John hit his head on the table and emerged red-faced.

Later, John went to the kitchen to get some refreshments. Bill’s wife followed him and asked, “Did you see anything that you liked under there?” John admitted that, well, yes, he did. She said “You can have it, but it will cost you $100.”

After a minute or two, John indicates that he is interested. She tells him that since Bill works Friday afternoons and John doesn’t, John should come to her house around 2:00 pm on Friday.

Friday came and John went to her house at 2:00 pm. After paying her $100 they went to the bedroom, had sex and then John left.

Bill came home about 6:00 pm. He asked his wife, “Did John come by this afternoon?” Reluctantly, she replied, “Yes, he did stop by for a few minutes.”

Next Bill asked, “Did he give you $100?” She thinks ‘Oh hell, he knows!’ Finally she says, “Well, yes… he did give me $100.”

“Good,” Bill says. “John came by the office this morning and borrowed $100 from me. He said that he would stop by our house on his way home and pay me back.”

6. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

7. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

8. koaladreaming

koaladreaming Well-Known Member

Good the May Holiday Everyone :)

9. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Thanks bro, for that report on which idiot has been selling our beloved Red Umbrella.
    Here, we have been throwing soiled red panties and sanitary pads at the stupid idiot who has been selling our Red Umbrella.
    And now we know who that idiot is. We now have his name. His name is............................. IDIOT. aa1a (3).gif

This idiot was responsible for SingTel's fall from 3.88 to 3.70... a drop of a mere 18 cts. Which is not much.
    I have seen SingTel drop from 4.45 region to eventually find a bottom at 3.45 region. This was a drop of a
    massive one dollar and it took only slightly more than 2 months to achieve it. This happened in July to Oct
    of 2015.

upload_2017-4-29_16-52-5.png

There is one VERY GOOD news from this report though. And that very good news is - that idiot is done with his selling. Whatever he wants to
    sell, he has sold. Otherwise. he wont be granting an interview to talk about what he is selling and why he sold. These assholes are all the same.
    If they give an interview and they say this stock is how good and how good and that stock is how Tok-Kong and Sibeh Song, it means they have
    already fully loaded up on that stock. And if they say this stock is no good and so junk etc... it means they have sold leow and has no more to sell.
    No institutional asshole will give an interview to disclose to the world beforehand to say they intend to buy a stock bigtime or to sell a stock bigtime.
    And given that the stock fell by only 18 cts, that idiot wasnt that bigtime either. A bigtime seller will have the firepower to push SingTel either direction
    by 50 ct to one dollar.

So one small time institution sold SingTel and brought her price down by a mere 18 cts. So what? Its just a pullback. And one fund's poison is another
    fund's meat. What one fund feels about the earnings prospects of SingTel is just that fund's personal opinion. Many other bigger funds probably dont
    agree. Otherwise they would have sold even earlier and their combined selling would have stripped this red umbrella of its cover leaving only the frame.
    We knew an institution was selling. We saw it in the price action. The SGX data on shortselling also confirmed that it was genuine selling, not short selling.
    And we knew the selling stopped when we saw it from the price action that the sell-downs in big lots stopped and the price found a bottom at 3.70. Since
    then, we have witnessed buyers returning to queue at 3.70 with numbers exceeding 3000 in the BUY queue in the last one week. And we have also seen
    how the price repeatedly managed to upright itself to return to the 3.74 : 3.75 slot each time she was pushed down below 3.74. Does this price action tells
    you many other bigger funds are joining that idiot to sell SingTel? Or does the price action tells you the other funds are saying to the idiot ... "Thank you for
    selling the stock down to a lower price for us to collect" ? You decide.

There is one thing mentioned in that report which is misleading. That report says...

"While South-east Asia's largest listed company by market value still has buy ratings from almost two-thirds of the analysts
    who cover it, the stock dropped 4.3 per cent since April 4 until Thursday, after the carrier's spending on a Singapore spectrum
    auction exceeded estimates and TPG announced plans to build a cellular network in Australia a week later
    "

In my view, this statement does not speak the truth. The truth is ...... the stock price fell from 3.88 to 3.70 becoz one idiot in all his wisdom
    decided to sell SingTel. Not becoz of the spectrum auction price paid by SingTel and the news on TPG winning the spectrum auction in Australia.
    Had this idiot not sold in the last one month, SingTel would have continued to hover and range trade at the 3.88 to 3.96 region and moved up or
    down slightly until a bull or bear monkey shows up. I remember very clearly the price was at 3.88 the day prior to the news that TPG had won the
    spectrum auction in Australia. The next session, SingTel opened at 3.84 and went on to dip to 3.78 before closing at 3.82. And this dip was becoz
    an idiot was selling, not becoz of the news. Whatever the news, if no idiot sells, the price wouldnt have dropped. Hence to say the stock price fell
    4.3% when the two pieces of spectrum news came out as if to imply that the whole market was selling the stock, is misleading. By now, people in
    this forum knows that all it takes is for one monkey to sell a couple of tens of thousands of lots in a stock to bring down its price by a few percentage
    points. But the weakness is temporary. And will be erased when another monkey decides to do bargain hunting. When one monkey sells and he stops
    selling, snipers here know that the next thing to look out for is whether more monkeys come out to sell. Or to buy. And we take it from there.

10. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

April is a bad month for me.
    On the way down, I cut some Red Umbrella and took losses. I did that to ease some pain and make the LOONing
    more manageable. Capitaland is another one I took a big Orh Bark Khark. After looking at her chart, I went in to
    SHORT her thinking that she will do the boulder rolling down the hill thingy. But she didnt. Instead, her boulder
    continued to roll up the already rather steep slope and it rolled over me. The dividend is 10 cts. I didnt want to pay
    that dividends. Becoz it means having to take an additional loss of $6300. And this is over and on top of whatever
    loss already incurred on the SHORT position. Looking at how Houses came out to issue BUY calls one after another,
    I wont be at all surprised if she doesnt gap down by as much as 10 cts and after that continue to rise to her pre-XD
    close, ie. 3.76. And beyond. Like what happened to ST Engrg. LOONing a SHORT position till XD to see the price gap
    down by not as much as the dividends but only to recover back to the pre-XD price has happened to me. Imagine paying
    the dividends on XD and then seeing the price comes back up to your pre-XD price... you will say.... Wad Der Fug then I
    pay the dividends for what? Might as well cover the SHORTs and take the loss to avoid paying the dividends and keep
    losses down. The feeling sucks. Really.

In spite of these losses, I am still in the money Year To Date. And at a comfortable level of more than 10k per month
    over Jan to Apr. That's what I meant when I said we can lose a battle here and there from time to time but dont lose
    the war. If I had decided to fight on and did not take those losses, my account would have shown a profit of $5411 in
    April instead. But is that a better move or am I merely prolonging taking the loss and kicking the can further down the
    road? Today, I dunno. Maybe I will be better off not taking the loss. Or maybe I will be worse off. It all depends on how
    Capitaland behaves in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

The losses I took in April... when SingTel recovers to 3.97, I will get it all back. And everyone here knows SingTel will
    one day within months go back to 3.97. Its a matter of time only. If I am counting on SIA going back to 12.90 to win back
    my losses... or for Wilmar to go back to 6.00 before I can recover my losses, that's another thing altogether. But to bang
    on SingTel to go back to 3.97 within months, is a realistic expectation. And when it happens, my losses in April will be
    erased. Here's a chart of Wilmar showing where she was in Feb 2012. Yes, for those of you who didnt know.... Wilmar
    was once a $6.00 stock. She fell from grace when her profits took a plunge and since then, she has never recovered to
    higher than $4.00.

upload_2017-4-29_12-23-17.png

Here's more... Wilmar was trading at above $7.20 in Jan 2011. At that time, what savvy investors felt about Wilmar back then was... if she should
    fall on weakness to around $6.00, just close eyes and buy to keep for long term investment. That's how good she was back then.

upload_2017-4-29_12-28-5.png

Now that I have closed my positions in Capitaland, I have the flexibility to give the stock a fresh look and from there decide whether to play her
    from the LONG side or SHORT. Based on last few days' price action, it is clear that she was bought up by institutions. The surge in her volume
    says it all. Just look at her volume in the last 6 days prior to XD and the 4 days before that and you can see how aggressive institutions were
    loading up on her.

upload_2017-4-29_12-35-12.png

So what next? A thought did come to mind. Many times I have seen a stock ran for dividend play and then gapped down on XD (though not
    necessarily by as much as the dividend) and then recovered back to its pre-XD level and beyond. And these were the ones bought and pushed
    up by institutions for dividend play. So I suspect what happened was...on XD, these very same institutions wanted to have the cake and eat it.
    So after pocketing the dividends, they continued to buy the stock after XD to push the price higher so that they not only get to keep the dividends
    (have the cake) but also get to keep the pre-XD stock price (and eat it). The pushing up of the price will usually not stop at the pre-XD level but
    beyond so as to facilitate distribution as they unload their holdings after that. Becoz of this, I am keeping an open mind that aided by strong results
    and many BUY Calls from Houses, institutions, who are already heavily loaded with Capitaland stocks and therefore have a vested interest to see
    her price go higher, may well make it happen by pushing the price higher themselves with more buying next week.

11. oppa49

oppa49 Well-Known Member

Rising competition in Singtel's key markets across Asia has prompted one of the world's biggest independent money managers to sell the stock.

Henderson Global Investors, which oversees about US$130 billion (S$182 billion) globally, sold its Singtel holdings in Asia-based portfolios last month, said Mr Sat Duhra, who manages Asian dividend-focused investments for Henderson............

http://www.straitstimes.com/busines...son-global-sells-singtel-as-competition-rises

now we know why the price is not moving up.

12. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

This is how she closed.

upload_2017-4-29_11-3-48.png

And it doesnt count. We are closed on Monday. But Wall Street is opened.
    And it is what DOW does on Monday night which may or may not have an influence on us on Tuesday morning.

13. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

14. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Yup. Like I said, she has support at 3.74 : 3.75.
    Whenever she was pushed down below 3.74 (and for today she was pushed down to 3.71 even),
    she somehow has always managed to bounce back to 3.74 : 3.75. Today, I saw alot of sellers
    came out at 3.75. I remember seeing more than 4000 lots in the sell queue. Looks like it will
    take a while for these weak Mole Lan Yong players to be weeded out of the game first. This
    resistance at 3.75 needs to be cleared first. After that, next resistance at 3.78. Then need to
    cross 3.80. However, if a strong buyer should decide that it is time to load up on her, that
    one strong buyer will be enough to clear the resistance at 3.75 to 3.80 in one day. Coz when
    a strong buyer comes in, she can rise 5 cts a day everyday for a few days. If this happens, be
    there and dont hesitate.

15. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Bro angang... Bro cfd... Bro richman...

Monday, 1st of May is a Pubic Holiday in Singapore.
    So if you have pubic hair like her, you can all have a public holiday.

upload_2017-4-28_21-38-33.png

16. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

upload_2017-4-28_21-11-52.png

For now, we treat today's rise to 10.35 as an overshoot. That was the opening price and the monkey engineered it.
    But after that, he did not support the price. He let the price sink and when left to traders, of course those who had
    profits will sell on seeing that the price was not going anywhere. And so she closed at 10.25 which is back to her
    trading range at 10.01 to 10.30. Today was a good opportunity to see how strong or weak she is when left entirely
    to traders and without any monkey interference. And what I saw was retail support coming in at 10.21 region at
    the 1st instance when she fell from 10.31 region. After she rebounded from 10.21 to 10.26, the 2nd time she fell,
    she found support at 10.23 region. And on subsequent occasions when she fell again after rebounding, she again
    found support at 10.24/10.25 region. This pattern of 1st bounce...support came in at 10.21... 2nd bounce...support
    surfaced at 10.23... then 10.24/10.25 was all very natural and due to traders jumping queue to be ahead of other
    traders to grab her on dips to ride her rebound. Using this, we can now expect the price action to be more or less
    the same in the next session. Unless the monkey intervenes and shows us something else. Until then, we trade
    the range at 10.01 to 10.30 but be guided by the price action on Tuesday.

17. angang8

angang8 Well-Known Member

IMG_2946.GIF Singtel... 3.74-3.75 sweet!!

18. angang8

Guys... this weekend got French erection again ah?? Wah.... got chance for another shocking result leh!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  19. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Monkey personally arranged for price to open at 10.35.
    After that he Boh Chub leow... did not support the price...let it collapse.
    Logically, how should we read this?

aa3eek2.gif

I think next week we will see the same thing - 10.21 to 10.35.

20. angang8

HEHE ... likely ...