Forum Software Changed

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by sniper-academy, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Hi Admin.

How to have animations for our avatars?
    When I use an animated picture for my avatar, the picture doesn't animate.
    Thanks.

2. sniper-academy

sniper-academy Administrator Staff Member

I have checked and the verification mail has been sent 3 times to plutus2. Haven't seen any errors at all.

3. sniper-academy

Account is unlocked now. I will take a look at why he is not receiving the verification later.

4. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Dear Admin,

Our bro plutus2 need your help. This is what he PM me today...

"lucky this conversation seem to be working for me. I am getting the "No permission to post".

I believe when i updated my email contact, the system suppose to send me email to verify... but verification email never cum leh. PLEASE HELPPPPPP.. thanks bro."

My reply to him ...

"Huh?
    But I saw your post at the thread leh.
    So everything okay now, bro?"

His response...

"cannot leh... that post was before i went to update my email. but the system never send the verification email.. thus now my account in limbo. please help me contact admin to either

1. remove the verification email
    2. check why verification email never reach me... i have tried click the resend email.. still sama sama"

Please unlock his account so that he can post. Thanks.

5. sniper-academy

I've implemented that - see if it's suitable? :)

6. nottibird

nottibird Moderator

Admin...

Firstly, thanks for the great job to renovate our forum to give it a fresh coat of paint plus new furniture and fittings and state of the art features.

Can I make a few suggestions?

1. If possible to do so, please can we have the latest posting appear first at the top of a page and that page should be page 1 instead of the last page.
    Otherwise every time we log in, we see the 1st page and have to click on the last page. After that must scroll down to see the latest post.
    Plus each time we refresh the page (and this is something I will do a hundred times or more on a trading day), we have to scroll down to
    the bottom of the page to see if there is any new posting. Sibeh Chiak Lard lare...lidat. Can Chum Siong tweak the software to see the latest
    post first and on the 1st page instead?

2. Can we have the name of the forumner at the top of a post instead of at the bottom? When I read, I would like to straight away know who is
    the writer.

3. Date stamp of posting is currently not there. Can I request that the date of the posting be stated, for example... 23 Sep 2016, Friday at 3.50 pm.

4. This new home... cannot see at the bottom of the page who is currently logged in... how many visitors we have realtime and who
    has ever visited the thread. Can arrange for it?

Chiam See Ah Nee Khuan Thow Seng. [​IMG]
    Thanks hor, Admin.
    Xin Ku Ni Men Le. aa1baa.gif

7. sniper-academy

Hi all,

We have changed to the new forum software, which will make us more SEO friendly and easier to accept new users registration with the stronger anti-SPAM protection mechanisms built-in.

Let me know if you face any bugs!